BAM Store + Space is looking for a part-time shop assistant to join our team. If you are interested in working here in our Easton store, please read about the role below.
We are looking for someone that will offer a warm welcome and excellent customer service to everyone that visits the shop. The role requires a good knowledge of all our stock to make sure customers are given great recommendations and that sales go through smoothly. We are looking for someone who works well in a team but can also bring fresh ideas to the business. You will also have a passion for independent businesses and the Bristol art scene.
We are looking for someone to work one day a week in the shop (including weekends), plus additional hours in the school holidays. We particularly need shifts covered end July/beginning Aug. Therefore this role might suit someone who is studying or with term time only or freelance work.
- Excellent customer service skills and a willingness to engage with all customers in a friendly and enthusiastic way
- Smooth running of all transactions in the shop
- Replenish stock and keep the shop looking tidy at all times
- Remain vigilant at all times and ensure the security of stock and cash
- Create merchandising displays with the help of other team members
- Packing and dispatching online orders
- Some other computer based admin tasks
- To open and close the shop when needed
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent retail and customer service skills
- Can confidently help all customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Comfortable in approaching customers that need help and able to talk knowledgeably about our products
- Able to remain calm under pressure and deal with problems that may arise
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues and customers
- Must feel comfortable manning the shop by yourself - full training will be given
- Retail experience preferred but not essential
- You must be permitted to work in the UK
There is scope for social media and PR tasks so experience in this area would be a bonus.
You will receive full support from other members of the team and will be entitled to a staff discount on everything in the shop.
Hours: Flexible. On average, one day (7.5 hours) per week during term time, rising to 2-3 days during the school holidays. Shifts are 9:45 - 17:15.
About BAM Store + Space
We are a non-profit independent lifestyle store in Easton, Bristol. We sell art, cards, gifts, books, vinyl, homewares and toys, as well as hosting workshops and events. We are dedicated to supporting local artists and businesses as well as providing a colourful, friendly shopping experience for our customers. We also sell online, sending orders all over the UK.
To apply, please send a CV and short statement explaining why you'd be great for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is Friday 23 June 2023 at 4pm. Interviews will take place w/c 26 June 2023. Start date for the successful candidate early July. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates that live in the BS5 area.